mounting a new harddisk

hello to all....

i mount a new slave hard disk with fat32 format ... i decided to use
this kind of fileFormat so that i could use it in other workstations
running M$..

now as i noticed .. my pc became a little bit slower than before so i
just edited my /etc/fstab and remove the newly added line .. and
everything is now back to normal...

is there any workaround in this kind of situation?

tia
--
kent E. <kent-cdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cdr