Qt (>= Qt 3.0) not found

Hi,

i noticed meanwhile several times that I am not able to compile one or another software using qt. I always getting the same error:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support!

This time during the try to compile superkaramba. I searched around a while (also this list) and noticed that someone points out the file /etc/profile.d/qt.sh and that the qt dir may be set wrong.

However after starting the script an "echo $QTDIR" gives back an /usr/lib/qt-3.1. For me this doesn look fine. I also noticed an tip to give the qt-dir as param for configure:
./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt-3.1. With the same effect, the qt-lib isn't found again. I am currently running out of good ideas? What could went wrong? I also doesn't found any really usefull hint in the config.log, but I found it strange that there wasn't anything behind the lines with qt-libaries and qt-includes.

Sorry, if i couldn't see the problem, but I don't really understand why he is not finding the qt-lib, that is physically is installed and the important sys-var $QTDIR also seems to have the right directory.

Thanks :)
Florian