Re: Kernel rebuild

jim d wrote:

So I'm running FC1 and everything is cool, but I got this USB CD burner
and want to get it working in Linux.  I found some info in the Linux
HOWTO about getting USB mass storage devices to work.  They said I need
to turn on SCCI support for it so I went ahead and built a new kernel.
I did the rebuild process ok--make dep; make clean; make; make modules;
make modules_install.  Everything seemed to do fine but,  now I can't
find the new kernel.  I looked in the place it should be
at--/usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage.  Nothing there, no zImage.
   Has anyone out there been down this road already?  Does FC1 put it
in a different place?
                       Thanks in advance.              Jim.

Add a "make install" to the end and it should all be done for you.

--
Scott Burns
Mirrabooka Systems

Tel +61 7 3857 7899