Re: yum question - how to get rid of the kde games

Alexander Appel wrote:
Hello!

I just tried to YUM ERASE KDEGAMES but it wanted to erase KDEADDONS as
well to satisfy the dependences. I can't see why the KDEADDONS are
depending upon these annoying games. Could anyone point me to a
direction how I could get rid of the games without removing anything
else?

Shouldn't that command be "yum remove kdegames"?
In any case, I just confirmed that kdeaddons, for whatever twisted reason, depends on kdegames.

If you aren't worried about breaking that dependency, and you really can't stand having the games installed but need the addons, then you could run the following (danger! no warranty! not generally recommended! use at own risk!):

% rpm -e --nodeps kdegames