[Summary] Re: IPSec for Fedora

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 13:02, Jason Dixon wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 12:29, Matthew Hall wrote:
>
> > Try openswan [http://www.openswan.org/]; it's a more 'open' version of
> > freeswan, based on the old super-freeswan code. I can't say for sure
> > whether it will fix the problem (as it is based on freeswan code, but I
> > believe the openswan people are more 'open' (heh) to bugfixing and
> > feature inclusion).
>
> Great info, thanks Matt.  I've joined the Openswan list and hope to have
> an answer soon.  I'll summarize my experience for all the other paranoid
> IPSec road-warriors.  :)

As it turns out, Openswan only releases the source and patches, nobody
has volunteered RPMs/SRPMs.  Not that I'm lazy, but I also have to
support wlan-ng and pptpclient on this laptop... no room for a lot of
conflicting kernel patches.  :)

I managed to find a src.rpm for FreeSWAN 2.02 which appears to
"pre-problem".  In case anyone needs it (now or later via archive),
here's the link:

http://download.freeswan.ca/binaries/RedHat-RPMs/freeswan-2.02-1fs.src.rpm

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE