Re: (no subject) [GRUB boot problems]

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 13:52, Paolo wrote:

> > It might be worth while for the original poster to run
> >
> > grub-install --recheck /dev/hda
>
> I will run that command.
>
> Can you please be so kind to explain me the meaning of that command ?
> I'm really puzzled and confused.

It just checks that grub has the right setting for the disks.
It's not normally necessary unless one has changed the setup in some way,
eg by installing a new disk.

Incidentally, if you have problems with grub
it may be worth running it interactively.
(There is a command at the bottom of the splash screen, if you get that far.)
I've found this helpful in the past.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366