Re: any good fedora books out there?

-> Message: 9
-> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 04:41:35 -0500 (EST)
-> From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-> To: Fedora List <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
-> Subject: any good fedora books out there?
->
-> to go along with a couple fedora courses i've written, i'm curious
-> if there are any worthwhile fedora books that i could consider adding
-> to the student kit.  any recommendations?  (if you've written any
-> yourself, feel free to be self-serving.)
->
-> rday

Well not yet but this is a good starting point for upcoming releases:
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-WILEY_SEARCH_RESULT.html?queryText=fedora&field=keyword

I have read a number of the one's written by Chris Negus and for previous
RedHat versions they were rather good. The RedHat 8.0  Bible was easy to
read, well organized albeit a bit limited in scope, I would have preffered a
bit more nitty gritty in terms of configuration but it is a good starting
point. Mind you that the difference between RH 8/9 and FC1 are, in terms of
general user and administration terms, so little that you could probably
pick one of these "old" books up for a penny and a scratch and give it a
whirl.