Re: cron goes mad?

Dave Alden wrote:

Oops, no.  I've now modified my /etc/init.d/crond to add:

ulimit -S -c unlimited

after source /etc/init.d/functions -- we'll see what that does...

You may want to change the ulimit line in /etc/profile similarly. If it is a cron job which is dumping and not crond itself, then the core dump won't happen if the cron job is a shell script which sources /etc/profile. I'm going to try this myself.

On another subject, if you want to find all core files I think you'd have to search on the regexp 'core\.[0-9]+$'. I used this pattern with 'sudo locate -r' and found only a couple. Of course if they were in /tmp they got flushed by recent reboots.