Re: numlock keys (was wishlist for FC2

On or about 2004-01-14 23:23, Scott Talbot whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 13:48, T. Ribbrock wrote:

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 08:28:14PM +0100, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
[...]

3) Num Lock was not turned on.

Hm... Maybe this could be solved by nicking Mandrake's "numlockd"? I
know that on all my Mandrake boxes numlock is explicitly set on out of
the box for both console and X mode.

	I thought there must be a way to do this so I google Grouped Numlock
and found a thread describing the setleds program.  A quick man setleds
describes the script file needed to accomplish this, then just add it to
the appropriate initd.rc

Scott

I tried this out and it indeed set numlock on all the <alt><ctl>F[1-6] tty consoles. However, there is no obvious way to make it work on the Konsole terms in KDE.

Of course, every time I boot the machine (which isn't usually very often) all I have to do is hit the stupid key once and I'm done with it for the X console, and setleds takes care of keeping it on if I switch (rarely) to a tty.

It's not a big deal, just one of those little bothers.

--
Fritz Whittington
... "Bother," said Pooh, as the internet crashed, again