Re: fedora official ntfs support

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Andy Green wrote:

> Redhat folks said pretty plainly on the list they don't want to hear about
> nVidia closed driver problems because all of the pieces are not available for
> them to work with.

No need to work with it but apparently as the demand still shows, IMHO
Red Hat could give an official answer to their customers.

> I guess it is the same with NTFS

This was true 1-2 years ago. Then the reason changed to the patent one.

> As much as the technical issue I think you'll find a deep antipathy
> towards investing in these proprietary and closed formats and taking
> on the burden of officially supporting them, they correctly view it as
> a losing proposition.

People do and will ask this constantly and I'm sure an official statement
would be appreciated. Thus anyone could point others to fedora.redhat.com
to read it.

	Szaka