Re: new to linux...need help with network

Thanks for the info, I will check it out, I thought maybe I would try a new PCI network card. I have a netgear FA311 im going to try that out.

From: dalen <dalen@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: new to linux...need help with network
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:53:55 -0600

Robert Teed wrote:

It works great except I cant connect to the internet, It doesnt seem to notice my builtin network
card.The card is working as I can connect if I boot into XP. I think I read somewhere that its not a problem with the network card drivers but something about "nividia MAC" drivers.
This is my setup:
Biostar Mainboard M7NCD-A02
nForce2 400/MCP,socket a
CPU is AMD Athlon XP 2200+

Robert,
I had the same problem with another nforce2 board and RH9. I found a driver by googling for nvnet redhat. There is a project for an open source nvnet driver at http://sourceforge.net/projects/forcedeth/ but it doesn't appear ready yet. If you can find a module prebuilt for your current kernel, that would be easy to install. Other wise you may have to recompile the kernel, which can be done but may be much for someone new to linux.

Good Luck,

Dale