Re: Wish list for Fedora Core 2

Hi Bjorn,

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 19:28, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
> 1) Kernel messages was confusing, and unnecessary.

Did you not have graphical boot? I think it is turned on by default.

> 2) The âSystem Settingsâ and âSystem Toolsâ was available, but of no
> use. (I sysadmin need a menu editor)

I agree that these menus, with such similar names, might seem confusing
to a beginner. However, could you think of another name combination for
these menus?

I think many would like to hear the opinions of your "test subjects" on
this after you explain to them what those two collection of items are!

> Some reactions was that it looked like DOS, and that is NOT god PR. :-)

I usually answer that DOS is like the cro-magnon and a typical unix
shell like bash is like the modern homo-sapiens.

They might look similar, but the differences are not only in the look,
the intelligence is far... far more developed.

Hugs, Rui

ps: thanks for publishing some of your data

+ So let's do it...?