Fedora + 2.6 = lockup

Thought I'd give 2.6 a spin, so I downloaded the kernel.org sources
and built a kernel. It works great until it hangs after some hours of
uptime. This is on a box that is rock solid with 2.4.

The last hang was after an overnight BT run, so the system had been up
for approx 12 hours. I switched to VT 1 to check the BT status and it
hung. No blinking lights, no keys worked, nothing in the logs, no
nothing.

Can someone tell me if there is something I can do to collect some
info that might be useful in finding this bug? I'd like to report it
to the kernel developers, but at this point there isn't any useful
information to report.

Thanks,

John