Re: gnutella client for a NON programmer?

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:51:02 -0400 Trevor Smith <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
typed with great determination:

>>Are you kidding around with me? I'm afraid this is the sort of thing I
>
>>specifically do not want. The "instructions" are plain enough:
>Configure, >make, make install. But all I get (on the make step) is
>hundreds of lines of >errors. The Configure script seemed to think
>things were fine on my system >and I told it to do it's things with
>default values (I haven't moved anything >and let FC1 install
>everything where it wanted to). Shrug.

You didn't find an RPM? It makes fine on my system. And installs from
rpm just fine. Maybe you need me to give it to you? I still have it.
*nods solemnly*

Now if you can't install it from rpm then that sounds like you're
missin' packages. Which means possibly an incomplete installation? I did
a custom install for myself and gtk-gnutella installed without a hiccup
./configure && make && su or rpm -Uvh gtk-gnutella-xxx.xxx.rpm

YMMV

--
If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not
understand, things are just as they are. --Spoken in Zen