Re: Sound Drivers - hijacked! - Reply

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 07:30:16AM -0600, RTYahoo_LK1 wrote:
> It wasn't my intention to "hijack" another thread.  My intention was to get
> some help.  Your points have been taken into consideration, but I had no
> control over the disclaimer with my previous email address.  As for the line
> wrapping, I will have to work on that.  Thank for respecting my "ignorance".

In that case, please let me give you another tip: When replying, please
do *not* reply after the signature delimiter of the posting you're
replying to. Instead, remove the signature of the previous post (there
is no point in quoting it, unless you intend to say something about the
signature itself) *including* the signature delimiter.

The signature delimiter is "-- " (that's "dash dash space") and tells
good mail programs where the posting ends and the signature starts. Good
mail programs will therefore treat the signature differently from the
rest, e.g. give it another colour and/or cut it automatically when
replying. If you reply *after* this delimiter, you're whole reply will
be treated as "signature", which is exactly what happened in your
posting (my mail program's editor cut it when I replied) and most likely
not what you intended.

Cheerio,

Thomas
--