Re: gnutella client for a NON programmer?

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 21:51, Trevor Smith wrote:
> On January 7, 2004 1:00 am, Alex White wrote:
>
> > gtk-gnutella is quite simple. It's located at sourceforge.net
>
> Are you kidding around with me? I'm afraid this is the sort of thing I
> specifically do not want. The "instructions" are plain enough: Configure,
> make, make install. But all I get (on the make step) is hundreds of lines of
> errors. The Configure script seemed to think things were fine on my system
> and I told it to do it's things with default values (I haven't moved anything
> and let FC1 install everything where it wanted to). Shrug.
>
> I can't find a binary of gtk-gnutella for FC1 (can I use the debian binary at
> sourceforge?) and compiling any source code just isn't working for me and I
> don't have even the first idea what any advanced programming or compiler
> options are. There is no way I can compile this. Maybe in 4 months I can give
> it another shot. Or maybe I'll wipe and reinstall FC1 and select every single
> package, then retry compiling.
>
> Unless I'm missing something simple, I'm afraid gtk-gnutella is not an option
> for me.

http://clueserver.org/Fedora/ has RPMs and SRPMS for gtk-gnutella.

They are not well tested, but they should work.

BTW, there is a typo in the spec file contained in the gtk-gnutella tar
file.  It is fixed in the SRPM above.

If there are any problems with the RPMs, send me an e-mail off-list.

--
"Push that big, big granite sphere way up there from way down here!
Gasp and sweat and pant and wheeze! Uh-oh! Feel momentum cease!