Re: Configure X window in command line

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 11:42, Barry Yu wrote:
> In shell, what command can enable me to configure the X window like
> Xconfigurator (Can't find it in fc1)? Thanks

redhat-config-xfree86 should start X in a safe video mode and allow you
to adjust your settings.  You can also run "redhat-config-xfree86
--reconfig" to discard your existing video settings.

If redhat-config-xfree86 fails for some reason (file a bug report?) then
try to have XFree86 configure itself.  I've found that XFree86 will
almost always create a working configuration even when
redhat-config-xfree86 does not.

$ XFree86 -configure

That will create a config file XF86Config-new in the current work
directory.  It also explains what to do with that file.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/