cups shares

I brought this up on #fedora no avail, so here goes ...

I setup my printer for sharing on a Fedora Core 1 machine, I can print
from there fine. The firewall is turned off, and the printer is set to be
shared to all hosts.

Yet ... over on my Redhat 9 server, the printer is detected, set as
default etc, but any attempt to print to it just stalls, and stalls, and
stalls. The document sits in the notification area print queue ad
infinitum (can i spell a latin word, probably not).

What might be up, i've mucked about with the settings no end and nothing
seems to work (including messing around with the cupsd.conf file).

I had the same thing on my Redhat 9 laptop a while back, so its obviously
a reocurring issue, that hopefully has a simple solution.

Cheers for any help all!

GAz