RE: ALSA question in FC1 (VIA VT8233/A/8235)

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Alex White
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 10:59 PM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ALSA question in FC1 (VIA VT8233/A/8235)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 21:32:25 -0500 "Don Levey"
<fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed with great determination:

Alsa mutes everything by default. You'll need to unmute everything
through alsamixer (and likely have to turn up some volumes) to get sound
to come out. The errors on your box are a little different though.

See if that works. I've never had linux throw up an IRQ error before,
and I'm using the 2.6 kernel. Alsa pretty much just worked for me. I
have your exact board by the way running on my FC1 install. Only thing
different is the kernel.

I didn't use alsa with the 2.4 kernel; mainly because sound functioned
without it. So ehh, sorry I can't be much more help.

Alex

---> Thanks for the info.  I can't actuallt get the mixer to even run; I get
the following error:
alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such file or
directory

I think it's a problem loading the drivers themselves and binding them to
the sound module.  I may just end up building a 2.6 kernel in desparation.
If you're using the same board with the 2.6 kernel and it works...

Thanks,
 -Don