Re: how to get one file from an RPM

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 21:47:53 +0100, Jeroen Lankheet <Jeroen.Lankheet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How can I get the sendmail.mc file from the rpm or how can I get it
elsewhere?
I was stupid and forgot to copy the original.

Thanks

Try using rpm2cpio

ie.
rpm2cpio ./package.rpm -i

This will unpack all files in RPM into path relative to your location.
So if you were in /root/package and ran the command there, all files, that would normaly be placed in /usr/local/bin would end up in /root/package/usr/local/bin, but only if such a dir is present ;) So if you want to extract a specific file from RPM package, just create the dir, where it should be extracted to in the dir you are working in and run rpm2cpio ./package.rpm -i

It should work ;)