Re: procmail

Chris 'Chipper' Chiapusio wrote:

Tim,

Thanks for this documentation, it's something I've wanted to figure out but haven't had the time to dig into (using cyrus and procmail together).

In return I will offer procmail recipe advice for mailing lists.

try to avoid using TO or FROM for mailing list recipes because you will not properly filter messages cross posted to two lists that you subscribe to. In addition, I archive my mailing lists into monthly folders for easy grep searches.

You will want to cyrus-ize these for your use as they are mbox-centric right now.

#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files
FOLDERDATE=`date  +\%b\%Y`
FOLDERYEAR=`date  +\%Y`
DUMMY='test -d .SM/$FOLDERYEAR || mkdir .SM/$FOLDERYEAR'

:0H
* ^List-Id:.*fedora-list.redhat.com
{
:0c
.SM/${FOLDERYEAR}/fedora-list.${FOLDERDATE}
:0
IN.fedora-list
}
:0H
* ^List-Id:.*fedora-announce-list.redhat.com
{
:0c
.SM/${FOLDERYEAR}/fedora-announce-list.${FOLDERDATE}
:0
$DEFAULT
}

Chipper