Re: how do I enable ssl for apache

> awsome..... it worked on the first try... thnaks
>

>> Am Samstag 03 Januar 2004 13:38 schrieb Technical:
>>> what packages do I need in addition to openssl and apache and what
>>> configuration files must I alter. Step by step instructions are greatly
>>> appreaciated
>>>

>>> --
>> first you need a server key and a certivicate
>> to generate the server key type : openssl genrsa -des3 4096
>>>/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
>> than you can make your a self signet cerificte with
>> openssl req -new -x509 -key /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key -out
>> /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt -days 365 -utf8
>> or create a requrst and send it to a CA when you will buy one
>> next mus must modify the /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf file show atatchment
>> then restart apache. and now can can use https://xxxxx to connect via
>> SSL
>>

> --

Ok, I've done these steps and was able to get the server restarted without
errors.  But now, when I go to https://myserver.com, I get this popup
message:  The connection to myserver.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some
data may have been transferred.

I see no errors in any httpd log.  If I telnet to myserver 443, I get this:

$ telnet myserver 443
Trying IP_ADDRESS
Connected to myserver.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
get {any file I have}.html
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
<hr />
<address>Apache/2.0.47 (Fedora) Server at www.myserver.com Port 443</address>
Connection closed by foreign host.

Any thoughts?  Any logs I can enable or look at?

Thanks again.
Ron.