Re: National ISO in fstab

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:33:44 +0100, Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am Fr, den 03.01.2003 schrieb Sheedee um 22:35:

[Snip]
And about system being buggy. Fedora Core 1 is the FIRST stable release of fedora and as such, it can be buggy (and it is).

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that. There have been lots of people, who downloaded the three test versions, so it is the best tested Red Hat release EVER. Although there is no support from Red Hat, one could say it _IS_ Red Hat 10, at least kind of.

Thanks to Christoph, but I already tried that, didn't work. I'm starting to think, that something is wrong with the partition itself.

Could be, but I doubt that, because I haven't seen that before. Windows _should_ support utf-8, so have you tried that?

Maybe you tell us (in detail), what you have already tried:
- What locales are you using?
- What fstab options did you try?
- Did you remount the drives? - Did you try with the original kernel or only with the one you've
compiled yourself? Perhaps you messed up something there?

I guess I could fix it, if I spent enaugh time working on it and mailing in this list, but it seems easier to either change the partition, or change the distro 'till new fedora is out.

You'll never get anywhere, if you always change the distro, the hardware or whatever... Also I think you will not be lucky with FC 2: You'll face the same problems there.

Christoph

You're right, were this my computer, I'd keep trying, but since it's not mine and I don't even have acces to it now (I will tomorrow) I just gave up ;) And yes, Windows do support utf-8 (from what I know), but marks from my language just don't display correctly.