Re: National ISO in fstab

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:39:56 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz@uni- bielefeld.de> wrote:

Am Fr, den 03.01.2003 schrieb Sheedee um 18:35:

[ snip ]

>> But please first fix your system's date. Your mails arrive with date
>> 28th January 2004.
>>
>> Alexander
>>

> My FAT32 partition is encoded with ISO8859-2 charset, but Fedora doesn't > seem to accept that and reads it, as something different (even though I > specified the charset as ISO8859-2). As a result, I can't read files, > that have any special characters in their names. I'd like to know, how to > make Fedora accept central europian encoding (ISO8859- 2). This feature > works just fine under Suse and Mandrake linux. Thanx ;)

Well, nevermind, trying to recompile kernel (again) something went wrong and now the network doesn't work anymore. I'm afraid, I'll have to wait for next fedora, this one is just too buged.
Thanks anyway ;)

Funny, if people do not succeed with something, even they do not know much about, the system is broken or buggy. Of course ;) If those people show their skill by setting system date first to future and then to past, normally no further comment is needed.

(Meanwhile you was told what to do by friendly Christoph Wickert.)

Alexander *shaking the head*

And sorry about setting the date to past , I'm still not used to that it's 2004 now ;)