Re: sendmail quickstart guide?

Am Sa, den 03.01.2004 schrieb Rodolfo J. Paiz um 05:43:
> At 16:45 1/2/2004, you wrote:
> > > I doubt it's the best, but I wrote it and I like it and it's probably all
> > > you need as a starting place:
> > >
> > > http://www.simpaticus.com/linux/sendmail-smtp-auth-howto.php
> > >
> >Yes, I think this is a good one, I liked it.
> >
> >But I think _maybe_ you could update it according to our correspondence
> >
> >http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-December/msg01035.html
> >http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-December/msg01071.html
>
> I have every intention of doing so, Cristoph. Your comments and experience
> are going to be very valuable, and indeed I have saved copies of those
> emails. <smile>
> [SNIP]

Thank you very much for your answere! Perhaps this one might bee of
interest for you, too.

Q: How to find out, if my mailserver is an open rely for spammers?

A: Make sure Port 1025 (SMTP) is open, then as root do

# telnet relay-test.mail-abuse.org

and see what happens. Another way is to visit
http://www.abuse.net/relay.html and follow the instructions.

Christoph