Re: [postfix] postfix instead of sendmail (and happy new year)

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:58:56 +0100, Hervaen <hervaen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Le sam 03/01/2004 Ã 12:31, Sheedee a Ãcrit :
On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:29:16 +0100, Hervaen <hervaen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi

Hello,

> I don't like sendmail and would like install postfix, I have tried
> several times but I don't have any succes to put the directory "postfix"
> in /usr/lib, so it's impossible to start postfix
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Hervaen

Maybe it's not what you mean, but if you're trying to install a shared library, you should run 'ldconfig' after you copy it.

Sorry for my bad English (it's not my mother language) I mean that the install of postfix is not complete

Hervaen

I'm sorry, but still I don't understand, what exactly didn't work. Try writing all the commands that you used to install and the errors that appeared in the order you wrote/received them. And BTW english is neither my language ;)