RE: Proper ettiquette for posting messages

There, it took me two seconds to make the reply palatable for you!  Not
so difficult.  Yes, I'm aware that Outlook does not support threads,
but, in my case, it's the only thing available to me at work.  And that
was my whole point from the beginning...that some of us can only use
what we have available.

It's much like the discussion from a while back over HTML...some people
use non-HTML compliant readers, either by choice or by necessity.
Nobody got in a snit and told them to upgrade to a better mail reader
that supported HTML.  Instead, everyone agreed that sometimes we are
limited to a certain mail client and we'll try to take that into
account.  There was even a minor skirmish over PGP...and whether replies
should go on the top or on the bottom.  In the end, it all worked out
and almost everybody got along with their business.

So what's so hard about doing that in this situation?  Is it because
it's a Microsoft product?  Would we be hearing the same sort of
complaints about Evolution because it positions the cursor at the top of
the message in replies, or that it can send HTML mail if it didn't run
on Linux?  The fact is that there is no "standard" way to format an
email message and some of us don't have access to mail clients that are
in accord with email "custom".  It's not the end of the world and it
won't cause that much trouble to any of us.

That's my two cents' worth.

Drew Dunn