RE: ntpd Fails at Boot

I don't know where it's logged, but make sure udp port 123 is open so you
get the reply from the ntp server.

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dave Krick
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 9:27 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ntpd Fails at Boot

When FC1 boots up, ntpd time synchronization fails.  Is there a log file
somewhere that will tell me exactly what the problem is and does anyone
have any idea how to fix it?  I upgraded to FC1 from RedHat 8 and had no
problem before.

Thanks much.  This mailing list generates a huge amount of traffic, but
I've gotten a lot out of the very helpful posts.