Re: Show Details on Bootup

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
I am personally delighted that the graphical boot is finally maturing (and waiting for a graphical shutdown to keep it company). Several computer-illiterate users have commented to me that watching all that cryptic text flying across the screen scares them and has convinced them (just from that one little detail) that Linux is for computer-savvy people only since it /must/ be difficult to understand all that.

Exactly! I touched on that idea in another of my emails, the linux bootup/shutdown sequence scares people who aren't technically savvy.

Not only do we need a graphical shutdown procedure, but we also need a way to hide all of the kernel messages that are displayed before rhgb starts :)