Re: gtoaster and ide-scsi (was: K3b: ide-scsi)

Daniel Robitaille wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Mihai Maties wrote:

On Wednesday 31 December 2003 14:34, Henk Jurriens wrote:

Fedora Core 1 is OK) then you might not need cdrdao at all so you can disable scsi emulation on your drives by removing any "hdX=ide-scsi" in your lilo.conf or grub.conf.

I use gtoaster to record CDs, and in preparation for the incoming transition to kernel 2.6, I wanted to remove the ide-ssci from my grub configuration. But that didn't work with gtoaster. Anyone know if it is even possible, and if there is a trick to get it to work in FC1 with the 2.4 kernel?

I tried gtoaster with he 2.6 kernel and discovered that it did not detect any device. I ended up using the burn:/// feature instead with the 2.6 kernel.

If you are still using the 2. kernel, it might be best to add it back into the grub or lilo boot info.

Hopefully gtoaster is still being readied for the 2.6 kernel. I like the program.

I also tried k3b in Lorma (Fedora .95 based, i686 optimized, KDE window manager distro). It failed to burn the disc correctly.

Happy New year,

Jim Cornette