Re: CDROM troubles with fedora beta 2 (0.94) continued

On Sunday, Sep 28, 2003, at 12:15 US/Eastern, Steve Rodgers wrote:

I have some additional information to further clarify the mount/umount issue:

From a straight boot up, mount/umount works normally. Thanks go bad whenever
I run redhat-config-packages and attempt to install additional packages from
the distribution disks. redhat-config-packages refuses to mount the
distribution disk it is calling for. The only choice I have is to abort the
package install. There is an entry in /var/log/messages:

Sep 28 09:08:28 steverod userhelper: pam_timestamp: timestamp file
`/var/run/sudo/srodgers/unknown:root' is too old, disallowing access to
redhat-config-packages for UID 500

This message isn't a fatal error, it is produced any time you run a program that requires root privileges as a non-privileged user. This message should be followed by a pop-up for the root password.

ahp