Re: ACPI in Fedora Test2

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 01:29:02PM -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
 > On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Dave Jones wrote:
 >
 > > On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 07:31:10PM -0400, Lorenzo Prince wrote:
 > >  > ACPI worked fine in test 1, but not in test2.  Not sure why.  When I
 > >  > type service acpid [anything at all] I get no error messages and no
 > >  > acknowledgement that it did anyghint.  The logfile is empty.  Also when
 > >  > I just type acpid, it gives me the error message:
 > >  >
 > >  > acpid: /proc/acpi/event: no such file or directory
 > >  >
 > >  > According to the release notes, ACPI should work in this release.  What
 > >  > can I do to get it working?
 > >
 > > If you re-read the release notes, you'll notice that ACPI got disabled
 > > for this release, and you need to specify acpi=on
 >
 > Are you collecting dmidecode info so that it can be automagically enabled on
 > systems that need/might benefit from it or is it that acpi is just not ready
 > for prime time??

For systems that *need* it, adding DMI entries is the plan.
For systems that work fine without it, leaving it to the user to enable
is what has been decided iirc.

Feel free to open a bugzilla report with the dmi info, and I'll get on it.
(Reusing the same bugzilla # for multiple reports is also a good idea.)

		Dave

--
 Dave Jones     http://www.codemonkey.org.uk