Re: How would integrating RHL into Fedora affect ISVs?

Am Don, 2003-09-25 um 17.24 schrieb Michael K. Johnson:
> Red Hat's goals for Fedora Core do not include enabling non-open-source
> components.
>
> Red Hat has strong ISV relationships, and all our promises to them, goals
> to help them, and relationships with them are in the context of Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux.

That is a good decision from a conceptual point of view. Buy may be a
bad one froma pragmatic marketing view.

Currently RH is *the* reference implementation which guarantees market
share and visibility, closely followed by SuSE. Provided SuSE continues
to sell its boxed set as well as its enterprise version, both with a
defined relationship, they might be able to become *the* reference
platform and United Linux might get reanimated.

PB