RE: What price do you want?

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 22:05, Jef Spaleta wrote:

> Red Hat provides the source code in the form of SRPMs for all GPL'd RHEL
> code.   Only thing I can possibly see wrong with that is you'd need rpm

Indeed, the GPL *only* requires they provide the source to people
they've provided the binaries to. RH offers the source to *anyone*, thus
going a bit *beyond* the GPL in that regard.

What most fail to realize is that RH in RHEL have a few things such a a
JRE they is NOT under GPL. Take those out, take out the RH Trademarks,
and you can build/use/distribute the resulting distribution yourself. To
lazy/busy to do that? Well, that's your choice.

--
Bill Anderson
RHCE #807302597505773