Re: Fedora's Gaim no longer works with Yahoo

Benny Amorsen wrote:
On 2003-09-25 at 15:01, Christopher A. Williams wrote:

Anyone else notice that the version of Gaim that comes from fedora.us no
longer works with Yahoo. Yahoo has updated their system so that it
apparently requires some changes and they are no longer accepting
connections from Gaim. Ymessenger 1.0.4 for Linux does work - the RH9
RPM installs correctly on Severn.

Since I use more than Yahoo Messenger, it would be nice to see an update
to Gaim out there. I think there is a newer version which does work
correctly.

Until Raw Hide gets the new gaim, you can use:

http://amorsen.dk/rpms/gaim-0.69-2.i386.rpm
http://amorsen.dk/srpms/gaim-0.69-2.src.rpm

Basically just the Raw Hide gaim upgraded to 0.69. There is a small
patch to work around a bug in po/Makefile.in.in. Yahoo works great.
Heh.  I suspect I just made the exact same patch.

--Chris

--
Christopher Blizzard