Re: How did ya'll do in the storm?

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 10:01:29AM -0500, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Since this is sorta the community list, I'm sure others in the community are
> curious how well RedHat weathered the storm.  I looked through redhat's web
> pages, and the other community mailling lists and didn't see any mention.
>
> Did RedHat's headquarters get missed by the storm, or did ya'll get plasterd?

Just high winds, rain, and some power outages (we have a large genset).

We've seen worse in this area.

>   Were you part of the area that had power outage, or storm surge?

Storm surge is basically a very high tide, in effect.  We're well
inland and several hundred feet above sea level.  Yes, there were
power outages here.  But not too bad -- not like the areas that
are taking weeks to recover, just trees on power lines, stuff like
that.

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/