Re: ACL's this time around

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 11:56:49AM -0600, David.Grudek@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Why are ACL's not inputted into the distro yet?  It seems that they are
> stable by now so it would be nice if they were in.

ACL patch in in RHEL. There was a bug in ACL code. The bug is resolved
now so we can expect ACL in the next Fedora release (probably with 2.6.x
kernel).

The second reason is decision to keep Fedora kernel close to vanilla as
much as possible because a huge set of patches needs more developers
resources (and RHEL is able to pay to them but Fedora is not).

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager@xxxxxxxx