Re: CUPS nightmare

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 16:29, Bill Johnson wrote:
> Printing from laptop worked fine under previous config (Redhat 7.3 was on
> previously on server, and printing was via lpd), but I cannot get printing
> to work from laptop now.
>
> Cups is installed on server and printer works fine when printing from
> server.
>
> Printer has been configured on laptop every possible way, but will not
> print.  Have read google posts, howtos, and cups docs for 2 days, but
> nothing works.
>
> nmap shows port 631 on server, but DOES NOT show it on laptop.  Firewalls
> are completely off on both laptop and server.

Can you telnet from the laptop to port 631 of the server?   Do you have
cups installed on the laptop?  Can the laptop tell you the status of the
server print queue (run lpq -P<printqueuename> on the laptop)?  Are you
seeing any error messages on the server in /var/log/messages or
/var/log/cupsd/errorlog?