tty spawning even though rc.local is not finished.

Greetings.

I have added on both RHL 7.1 and RHL 9 some code to rc.local that takes a long time to execute (I upgrade the RPMs at boot time and the first time the system is installed, there are a lot of RPMs to upgrade).

I found out that even though rc.local is not finished executing, suddenly the tty and XFree are started. It seams that inittab or rc has a timeout somewhere, but I could not find any reference about such a timeout anywhere. Can someone provide me clues on how to disable/increase the timeout? It is imperative that the user cannot login on the machine until rc.local is finished.

Best regards, Hans Deragon -- Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant Deragon Informatique inc. Open source: http://www.deragon.biz http://swtmvcwrapper.sourceforge.net mailto://hans@xxxxxxxxxxx http://autopoweroff.sourceforge.net