Re: Newcomer's questions - things are improving...

On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 10:18, Neil B. Cohen wrote:

> One thing I forgot to ask about in my first message - Galeon was not
> included in the original Fedora installation - is it available now?
> Where can I find it?

Galeon has been deprecated in favor of epiphany, a newer replacement for
galeon.

> And can someone bring me up to date on how (and when and how often) I
> should be upgrading my Fedora kernel and the various other packages
> (like evolution, galeon, etc. etc.) Running 'up2date' tells me the
> system is up to date now - will that locate new kernels when they become
> available or do I have to go hunting for patches and rpms? If the
> latter, then where do I need to be looking?

If you are using the "standard" up2date for Fedora that uses the rawhide
channel, you will be notified of updates to the kernel.  The current
kernel on my machine from a recent update is 2.4.22-1.2096.nptl and I
just checked and 2.4.22-1.2097 is ready to download along with a dozen
or so other packages.

Gerry