Re: Fedora Installation vs Red Hat 9

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 10:46, Adam Debus wrote:
> > > No, this is skipped. You can select sets of packages, but "choose
> > > indivual packages" is gone. :-( I don't think this is a progress.
> >
> > Well, you have the option of selecting a group, such as KDE, Gnome, web
> > server, email server, etc.. then you are able to select certain
> > individual packages from those.  You just can't select each individual
> > package that exist like the old days.  Some are automatic when you
> > select/deselect within that group.
> >

>     I'd have to cast my vote for having "choose individual packages" back.

+1

It is far easier to add packages after install than remove them. Why
should I *have* to spend extra time/space to stall stuff I am than going
to remove??
"Build a kickstart file.. " is usually followed by "after installing and
removing...", Well, see above. Also, that assumes multiple identical
installs.

Leave the option there.

--
Bill Anderson