Re: using cdrecord as non-root - no luck! :(

Richard Tricoche wrote:
> /usr/bin/cdrecord: Drive needs to reload the media to return to proper
> status.

Does the drive actually reload the media correctly?  If so, i'd say the
device permissions are OK.

> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... /usr/bin/cdrecord:
> Input/output error. read track info: scsi sendcmd: no error

That sounds like your permissions to the .iso might be not quite right,
but that can't be the case, since you're reading the size of the image
correctly.

> Writing time: 0.016s
> Average write speed 999.0x.

Whatever the problem, that's a pretty fast CD writer you've got there!  ;-)

> Cmd: sudo /usr/bin/cdrecord -dummy -v dev=1,4,0
> /usr/local/rpa/logarchive/temp.iso 2>&1

I've just tried this using a 4x CD-RW (with and without the -dummy) on
both RHL9 (Liteon 52x52x24x drive) and Fedora Test 2 (Liteon 40x24x10x
drive) with no problems.

If i do the same with the CD-RW that i've just recorded, i get the error
you showed.  Looks like you're trying to dummy write a CD that's not
blank...
--
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net