dev fs LABEL=/

I tried to compile a custom 2.4.22 kernel - when I boot it I get a VFS
kernel panic error saying it cannot open root device LABEL=/ or 00:00.
I'm looking through xconfig to see if I don't have devfs setup. I used
the .config included with fedora core kernel source. It doesn't surprise
me that the .config isn't accurate - I couldn't get the fedora core
source to compile acpi, so i think it's not an accurate source tree.

Any pointers the devfs issue is appreciated.

thanks

--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC