From: fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Chris Spencer
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 11:45 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Fedora and the System Administrator

You mean with commercial Linux for the desktop?

Suse and Lindows are both taking a stab at that market.

I can't imagine that RH wants to ignore that market completely.  It is
that market that promises a tremendous growth opportunity.  The server
market though still growing is starting to mature.  I imagine that in
the next 2-4 years we should see the server growth slowly decreasing
while the desktop market will continue to show increasing growth.

That is if it is possible to determine what the real growth of Linux on
desktops is.

-Chris