Re: fedora.redhat.com site and NS4: no-go!

Jos Vos wrote:

Hi,

I just detected that federa.redhat.com does some kind of endless
looping when accessed with Netscape 4.8.  I think this wasn't
the case before, did something change?

It seems to loop with js/offsite.js or so... brr...

Jos,

Somebody removed the js file without removing the reference to it. I just removed the reference in CVS; it may take a little while to be pushed out to the live website.

Netscape 4.x is very buggy (and insecure), and little things like this will cause the page to not render at all. You may want to consider upgrading to a newer browser that doesn't have issues such as these, and also is a bit more compliant with web standards.

Anyway, it should be fixed on the next web push.

Thanks for pointing out this error.

Garrett