Re: Links with Moailla-Thunderbird

Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
On Sunday 30 November 2003 20:16, Blaine Gordon wrote:

Does anyone know how to set up Thunderbird so a browser opens when you
click on a link or is this just a bug?

From http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunderbird/release-notes.html

"Integration with the operating system is not currently implemented. Clicking on HTTP URLs in mail messages fails to launch your default Linux browser. We hope to address this in the next release. We recognize how important this is for our Linux users and apologize in advance."

Hopefully it will work in 0.4 ... :-)

/Lars

I usually keep a Firebird window open underneath Thunderbird; you can drag and drop the url from the mail pane to Firebird and it will open there. Haven't tried it with other browsers.

Mike