Re: php not working (blank screen)

Did you compile PHP yourself? The current Fedora version is 4.3.4. If you did, you need to change httpd.conf to add that application type and load the new module. You must also kill and restart every httpd process to get PHP to show up. 'service restart httpd' doesn't do it. My method, which will no doubt make veteran linux people laugh, is to restart the computer.

Bob

linbox wrote:

I have apache working in Fedora, but cannot get php to work. I have edited the php.ini file to point to the proper directory, but all I ever get when I run a php script in a browser is a blank screen. php --version returns:

PHP 4.3.3 (cgi) (built: Oct 21 2003 09:51:55)
Copyright (c) 1997-2003 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2003 Zend Technologies

I hesitate to post my php.ini and httpd.conf files because of the length, but let me know if I should.

Does anyone know what I am missing?

TIA