Re: Problems with X system

Thus spake Alex Pankin:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if someone can suggest how to fix my problem. I installed
> Fedora Core yesterday. There were no problems during the installation
> and first start. When I restarted the system, I can not login in video
> mode. After the error message that the synchronization rate is out of
> range, my monitor is turned off. I have ViewSonic VG800 LCD monitor with
> ATI All-In-Wonder video card. The only error message that I found in
> XFree86 log file is that DFP is not detected. Other odd thing is that
> r128 driver instead of ati is used.

There's something wrong with one or more of the Monitor, Device, and Screen
secions in your /etc/X11/XF86Config. Check whether your monitor and video
card are listed in those sections. (If may turn out that hardware other than
what you're using shows up there.) If that's the case, you might try running
redhat-config-xfree86 to correct the problem.