Re: video boards-3d acceleration

Wrong answer. Those drivers are not Free Software, as requested.

I know ATI's Radeon 7500 is well supported (I have one, which
substituted a GeForce 2MX since it was only doing 2D), and a few more
recent ones are also supported (although I can't say how well).

ATI's most recent boards only have 2D support, and there's some hint of
3D for _some_ recent boards in XFree86 (development branch
unfourtunately).

Hugs, Rui

On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 02:13, Benjamin Arai wrote:
> NVIDIA and ATI both make 3D accelerated drivers for there cars
> although I think NVIDIA's drivers are more complete and are prone to
> less problems then the ATI linux drivers
>
> On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 13:43, jshreffl wrote:
> > Are there any graphics cards with good Free/Open Source drivers that
> > support 3d-acceleration?
>
> --
>
> Benjamin Arai <benjamin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Araisoft Corp.