Re: playinig DVDs

fred smith wrote:
Gang:

I'm trying to get a DVD player going on RC1.

I downloaded xine and xine library RPMS, installed 'em without incident.
But when I attempt to play any DVD I get the FBi warning screen followed
by some error or other about being unable to read (or maybe access) the
files.

Now I can mount the thing and see that all the files are there. Clues,
anyone?

I also was going to try mplayer so I downloaded the Yarrow RPM for it,
but when attempting to install it, it spewed out 10-15 unfulfilled
dependencies. Since that machine is not on the net, it wasn't worth the
trouble to go find 'em all and transport via sneakernet.

In the even you want to try a different player, I can recommend Ogle. It was very easy to install (I didn't even bother with the GUI) as a DVD player.

http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/

Clint
--
Clint <clint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>